Thursday 5 January 2017


FoodSaver V2244 Vacuum Sealing System with Starter Kit

This week I did some house keeping and cleaned out my freezer.  I'm single and with the price of meat these days I try and buy in bulk when it's on sale.  I looked in my freezer and said " I have lots of meat to last me months"  Then when I was cleaning it out to clean I saw how may things turned brown from freezer burn.  My months of storage turned into a few weeks.  I thought to myself why buy in bulk if I'm just going to end up throwing what I save away or worse cost me even more.
When you look at the chart above you can see where using a sealing system can sometimes keep food fresh for  four times longer than regular freezer bags.  A good steak can cost anywhere from 10 to 25 dollars.  ask how may steaks you would have to throw out for this to pay for itself and the number is not very many.


No comments:

Post a Comment